WE HAVE IT ALL : FOR ST. Patrick's Day with many ' new ' Irish whiskies for you all to try! I count 31 selections just now, that should mean something for everyone, 14 different producers! In all sizes, too : 750ml, liter and 1.75ml bottles, ...
WE ARE READY FOR YOU ALL : The store is stocked well with enough liquor and beer for tomorrow as those faithful and true celebrate all day long FRiday March 17th here and down at Nanny Obrien's. too. We will be very busy so come get your selections today/ tonight if you have the time.
I JUST SPOKE to our local Irish beer rep Sean McDevitt and more is of HARP, GUINNESS and SMITHWICK'S is coming tomorrow to be sure we are covered, so come by and get what you need so you can start your celebrations at home tomorrow night at midnight! Great idea, like celebrating with Beaujolais Nouveau at midnight on Wednesday as we go into Thursday! I may be the firts person to ever have thought of doing this? Is that even remotely possible?!? It does make me smile.
SO : Let's Get Started with the rest of this week with ice, and snow and crunch, biting cold today, and things warming into the fifties this weekend, with still no global warning in sight if you listen and believe certain individuals. Sorry for this political editorial, just slipped out, was promted by what I saw on television yesterday.
WE have HARP, SMITHWICK'S and GUINNESS all here tomorrow in time for St. Patty's Day : Yes, being Irish myself I enjoy these beers, especially the HARP and will buy some and enjoy it with my corned beef and potatoes, carrots, mmmmmmm yeah!
1) Irish Red from O'HARA's , crafted in Ireland, : " A full-bodied Irish red with a traditional hop flavour to balance a sweet malt finish. "On Special for $10.99, for a 4-pack of 12-ounce bottles,with 4.3% alcohol by volume.With 4.3% alcohol by volume.
2) Hydrulion Red Leave Your Mark, On Special for $11.99 a 6-pack of 12-ounce bottle from Charlottesville, VA. When I asked Jon Brandt our local rep what else I could recommend besides the Irish beers he immediately mentioned this as being made in the same style. Love that.
1) Irish Cider ' Original ' from MAGNERS, imported from Ireland, On Special for $12.99 for a 6-pack of 12-ounce bottles, with 4.5% alcohol by volume, great as a palate-cleanser to the Irish beers, take a break, enjoy the taste of fine Irish apples, too!
LIQUOR : 4 Irish Whiskeys - A Bit More Special 4 U ALL :
1) Black Barrel Irish Whiskey from JAMESON, $42.99 : I like the softer, fuller, richer, creamier-dreamier taste on both mouth tongue and palate - a treat!
2) Irish Whiskey Matured in Oak in Ireland by PADDY, triple-distilled and On Special for $24.99 : I like the tug, the bit of a burn, the charr and the tumble over my tastebuds as I sip this, I also love the price!
3) Black Bush Irish Whiskey from BUSHMILL'S , On Special for $27.99, also some charr and silk and smooth flavors that are a bit lighter than the JAMESON Black Barrel, a nice contrast with noth, and a great deal from BUSHMILLS!
5) Double Barrel Irish Whiskey that is hand-crafted in small small batches, from GLENDALOUGH, On Special $40.99 a bottle. I like the extra volume of bright Irish intensity with the power, the bang, the POP and the snap, and yet the clarity and lovely refined concentration, a winner! Try some!!!
REMEMBER TODAY On Wine You Can Save On Wine : Two ways to save up to 20% OFF, one way to save up to 15% OFF! Call : 202-363-4265
and pay today if you cannot join us, or...
COME BY TONIGHT, Wednesday, March 15th, 2017 from 5-8PM , and taste fine French, Aussie and Spanish wines with Brayden Campbell, and Aussie wines of 3Sisters&Brother from Australia's Barossa Valley, by Schild Estate, with Casey Mohr CEO, and Eric Platt that brings them to Narayan Campbell of Global Wine MD, ... a whole family of people involved working to get all these fine products here and then to you. Join us, taste after the snow yesterday, enjoy these wines in the frigid cold weather! Cheers, #FreeWineTasting #SupportWomenInTheirOwnChoices ...
FRIDAY, March 17th, 2017 ( 5-8PM ) : Come join Sotoris Bafitis and taste some of his ' new fine ' Italian wines! Will taste current ' new ' vintages here tomorrow to decide what to buy and taste with you all.
SATURDAY, March 18th, 2017 : noon-8PM, we have Will Dawson here BOAR CREEK of APPALACHIAN WHISKEY, here to taste his fine and amazing and unique, special, Virginia whiskey! You will be amazed, really you will! I was, will be again. Will is a really hard-working individual, I appreciate that about him, really I do.
HAVE TO SET-UP a wine-tasting for Saturday, cheers!
THANKS FOR EVERYTHING, you all are the very very very best and it is both an honor and a privige to sell to you all! Cheers, TONY
MARK YOUR CALENDARS : Wednesday March 22nd we have both David Faulkner here, tasting Aussie wines, and Noel Brocket with his Hungarian winemakers tasting their fine dry whites made with the Furmint indigenous grape! Yes!!!
WHAT FOLLOWS below is an old store email that I wrote and sent out Yes, we are featuring the " new and exciting " JOHN L. SULLIVAN Irish Whiskey ( On Special for $22.99, ) which is " a smooth, small batch blend aged in single use bourbon barrels ". We introduced this about a year ago and were one of the very first and I blogged about it way back when at : chatwine.blogspot.com
. Check it out when you can.
WE ALSO HAVE A GREAT SPECIAL with JAMESON'S IRISH WHISKEY and both Heineken and Heineken Light beers( both in the mini kegs 5 liters at $21.99 and the case of twenty-four bottles. But either a case of the beer or a mini keg and also a bottle of Jameson's and send in the rebate and receive a $15 dollar rebate/check back in the mail. That's quite a savings as long as you like both Heineken and Jameson's. We have the rebates here for you all now and we will include a receipt from us and the $15 will come back to you in the mail.
MIX YOUR BEERS UP HERE AS YOU DO YOUR WINES and SAVE! There are four six-packs of beer in a case so come here with the idea for Saint Patty's Day of mixing up the three Irish beers that we have. Buy some of the Guinness, the Harp and the Smithwicks and get 10% off on your purchase mixed or matched. This way there is something for everyone. You can also include some bottles of wine and get a discount on the wine as well.
WE ARE HAPPY TO DELIVER whatever you order. Just give us all a call here at : 202-363-4265
and we will be happy to send you order, chilled and all if necessary. Call us so that we can discuss and particular details to help you to enjoy your Saint Patty's Day celebration this Thursday, March 17th, 2011.
THE WEATHER IS GETTING WARMER AND IT'S REALLY QUITE BEAUTIFUL and it's time to talk about the rest of the week here besides Saint Patty's Day. I'm looking at some CASA DE CAMPO Argentinian Malbec that just arrived along with some Mommy's Time Out dry white Italian blend of Garganega and Pinot Grigio for our shelves. A few minutes earlier some YELLOW & BLUE liter boxes of 2009 dry white Argentina Cafayate and the 2009 Malbec San Juan Argentina, too ( BOTH at $10.99 a box). The wines are made with the idea of organic where they can be ( the Malbec for example is organic ) and the Torrontes white leaves a smaller carbon imprint on our environment because of the packaging.
OTHER BEERS FROM SANTOS :
1) PHIN & MATT'S Extraordinary Ale from the SOUTHERN TIER BREWING COMPANY ( On Special for $8.99, 12 oz. bottles, www.southerntierbrewing.com
, Lakewood, New York ) has got great colors and packaging. It is made with American hops and barley.
2) Pollenator Long Trail Spring Ale from Bridgewater Corners, Vermont ( On Special for $9.49 a 6-pack of 12 oz bottles, ) ... " as days grow longer & warmer, we celebrate the seasonal transition with our spring offering " Pollenator " ".
3) Hoppen Weisse Hefe-Weizen ale of SCNEIDER & BROOKLYNER ( $4.99, 8.2% alc by vol., 500ml bottle ) is a welcome new product of Kelheim, Bavaria/Germany. Come look at the label and translate it for me - there's so much on it I am having trouble cutting through it all.
4) Organic Wisen Edel-Weisse from Georg Schneider's ( USDA Organic, $4.49, 500ml, 6.2% alc. by volume , original bottle fermentation ) is also " new and exciting here at Cleveland Park.
PRICHARD'S Key Lime Flavored Rum ( $29.99, 70 proof, 750ml bottle ) offers a taste of the tropics. Take the virtual distillery tour at : www.prichardsdistillery.com
to get a better idea of this exciting " new " rum. Cheers!
WINES From GREG & TONY :
1) Cava De Moragas Brut ROSSIGNOL ( $17.49 ) is really bright and fresh and creamy-dreamy-silky nice. I think that you will all love it as much as we did. it's a bit more expensive and yet it gives back more - much more than you would expect for this price.
2) " Perle Rose " French dry rose sparkling wine demi-Sec ( so in fact it's a mellow and full. lush soft dry ), $16.99 from the Pyrenees Mountains is a true delight to sip all by itself.
3) Annalisa Moscato Dolce-Sweet ( $10.99 ), Italian and tasting like fresh apricots, nectarines and peaches with a dash of honey and a splash of nuts - wow, it's a winner.
4) Prosecco in Split-Size bottles ( 1.87ml bottles, three in a pack, $11.99 for all three ) from VILLA YOLANDA is a great treat and the bottles are in a cut-glass form that is also beautiful to look at as you sip this refreshing and forward and pleasing Italian sparkling wine from the Veneto region. Tasty.
1) B.V. Coastal Estates Sauvignon Blanc 2009 ( $16.99 ) : it's always great to have a BEAULIEU Vineyard product here in the store. They are on a roll these days and were founded back in 1900! Cheers!
2) LONGBOARD Vineyards 2009 Sauvignon Blanc Russian River Valley Sauvignon Blanc is back again by popular demand. Wine-maker Oded Shakked just did the great dinner and wine-tasting before hand here and afterward at Ardeo restaurant. I was fortunate enough to attend and the Sauvignon sure is showing beautifully with the food. Flavorful and tasty and makes a great statement all on it's own. Try some.
3) CLIFF LEDE 2009 Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc ( $25.99 ) from California is quite crisp and dry and what I like about it is that it also has some real body and weight and presence. It's a better food wine than drinking it all by itself.
4) Chardonnay from Mexico's Valle De Guadalupe Baja California 2009, $21.99 has both power and body and is a really solid wine to pit against many a food flavor. I think everyone should try it at some point with a tasty meal, vegetarian like some falafel with chick peas and a good sauce ...
1) Shiraz rose 2009 from the JERUSALEM Winery - this Jerusalem Hills Israeli rose is made in a French style and is best with salads, grilled poultry, fish and all pizzas.
1) Barbera from TERRE D'ALERAMO ( $8.99 ) is a real treat , so soft and bright and velvety- so pleasing with or without a meal.
2) XYZIN Zinfandel ( 10 Year Old Vines ), $15.99 from Ondine, the wine-maker has so much body and pizzaz and flavor and a youthful exuberance that is contagious. I really liked it a whole lot. They say on the label : " The last word in Zinfandel ". www.xyzinwines.com
3) Zinfandel from the Treborce Vineyard in Sonoma's Dry Creek Valley , $29.99 from DARK HORSE is about as good as Zinfandel gets. It reminds me of the old-style of Zinfandels - lovely, toasty, spicy, earthy, pithy with layers of tar, leather and smoky accents, too.
4) " Foxy " a blend of grapes from the KIT FOX Vineyards , $14.99, is so pleasing and forward and appealing - everyone loved it at our tasting last week with the owner here last Thursday night.
THURSDAY, Saint Patty's Day, March 17th, 2011 : 5-8 PM - We have a tasting of both the JOHN L. SULLIVAN Irish Whiskey ( On Special for $22.99 ) and CROLAN'S Irish Cream ( On Special for $12.99). Join us, never any charge.
Greg and I will open at least one wine or more to taste as well.
FRIDAY, March 18th, 2011 ( 5-8PM ): We will have an XYZZIN wine-tasting here with the ASCETIC with Tom of Southern Slopes pouring and maybe Ken Myers, too.
SATURDAY, March 19th, 2011 ( 3-7PM ) : We will have Regis here of Roanoke Imports here tasting the LEROY red and white burgundies that I mentioned last week as well as some great wines of Sicily and southern Italy including the grapes Malvasia, Frappato , Nero D'Avola and Insolia. This will be very special indeed. The LEROY wines sell for $60 for the white and $50 for the red. Amazing and old and simply divine and wonderful and unbelievable!
I KNOW I HAVE FORGOTTEN MANY THINGS but it's time to send this email to you all now. Cheers and come by and see us when you can. Let us help you to enjoy yourselves and your company in any way that we possibly can. Cheers, TONY